Hardwood floors are an elegant flooring choice for any space. Hardwood is easy to maintain, durable, and long-lasting. With hardwood, your choices are endless, and we carry many affordable options. Our knowledge, experience, and extensive selection of hardwood flooring options are why Magic Valley Residents count on us for all their flooring needs.
Hardwood brands we work with:
Extend the life of your hardwood floor
Premium Hardwood floors are very easily maintained. No Wax, no mess. Simply use a cleaner made for use with urethane coated hardwood floors and a micro fiber or terry cloth mop.
Tips and warnings
I. Heating Season (Dry): A humidifier is recommended to prevent excess shrinkage due to low humidity levels. Wood stoves and electric heat tend to create very dry conditions.
II. Non Heating Season (Wet): An air conditioner, dehumidifier, or periodically turning on your heating will help maintain humidity levels during summer months.
- Sweep regularly
- Remove spills prompty using wood floor cleaner and clean white cloth.
- Use felt protectors under heavy pieces of furniture and chairs.
- Place protective mats at all exterior entrances.
- Spiked heels or shoes in need of repair can severely damage your floor.
- Never wet or damp mop your wood floors. Water can cause damage to wood flooring.
- Never use oil soaps, wax, abrasive cleaners, steel wool, or strong ammoniated or chlorinated type produces to clean your floor.
- The sun's UV rays can change the color of your floor.
- Keep animal nails trimmed.
- Protect your floor with a 1/4" piece of plywood or Masonite when using a dolly for moving furniture or appliances. Never slide or roll heavy furniture or appliances across the floor.
- If your floor becomes scratched or dull, repairs can often be made using maintence coats.
- Vacuums with a beater bar or power rotary brush can damage a wood floor and should never be used.